Resources about diversity, equity and inclusion and the environment
While we don't consider ourselves experts on these subjects, we wanted to share this incomplete list of resources that have helped us understand equity in environmental issues. We'll add to this as we continue our education.
- "The State of Diversity in Environmental Institutions: Mainstream NGOs, Foundations, and Government Agencies" – a report by Dr. Dorceta Taylor
- Diversity and the Conservation Movement – a report by Audubon, U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service and more
- "The Unsustainable Whiteness of Green" – an article by Nikhil Swaminathan on Grist
- The Green Insiders' Club – a report by Green 2.0
- Review of Between the World and Me, by Ta-Nehisi Coates – a book review in Open Rivers by Lark Weller, co-author of the 2016 State of the River Report
- The Avarna Group – a consulting group that works on equity, inclusion, and diversity with socially and environmentally conscious organizations — has an impressive list of resources as well, categorized by actitivites, media, reading, and tips & tools, and searchable by subject
- DEI definitions and vocabulary sheet by The Avarna Group
Have a resource to add?
Tweet a link to @FriendsMissRiv.