Advocate for the River!
Act online, join us at the Capitol or come learn more about today's most important river issues at special happy hours: Join the FMR River Guardians!
From banning pollutants to passing strong rules to guide local riverfront development, many of FMR's victories are thanks to our strong base of advocates. Your voice is essential to our efforts to protect, restore and enhance the Mississippi River!
Sign up and we'll email you when an important river issue arises. We make it quick and easy to contact decision makers. River Guardians are also invited to special happy hours and other events about important legislative and metro river corridor issues.
Take Action Now
What we weigh in on
In addition to advocating for strong water quality rules and laws at the state and national levels (see action alerts above or check out our Legislative Updates blog), FMR is involved in a wide variety of metro corridor projects and proposals.
Here are comment letters we've sent to city planners, legislators, judges and others to speak up for the river throughout the Twin Cities river corridor:
• 8/6/2019 City of Mpls sign-on letter to Federal Energy Regulatory Commission re: Crown Hydro
• 7/23/2019 Indian Mounds Park comments
• 6/20/2019 Updated River Bluffs Center comments
• 6/7/2019 NGO Comment Letter on EPA's Water Polluter Loophole
• 5/21/2019 Waterford Bay comments
• 5/10/2019 River Park Master Plan comments
• 5/9/2019 River Bluffs Center comments
• 4/15/2019 155 Organizations Opposing Dirty Water Rule
• 4/8/2019 Opposition to State Bonds for Upper Harbor Terminal Concert Venue
• 4/1/2019 Above the Falls Regional Park Master Plan comments
• 3/29/2019 Hidden Falls Crosby Farm Regional Park Master Plan comments
• 3/8/2019 Mississippi Gorge Regional Park Master Plan comments
• 2/12/2019 Implementation Guidance for the Water Resources Development Act of 2018
• 1/20/2019 Legacy Coalition Support Letter
• 3/20/2019 HF 1846 Letter of Support
• 3/27/2019 2019 Legacy Coalition Support Letter - LSOHC Package
• 2018 comment letters
• 2017 comment letters
Current river corridor advocacy sites
At each of our metro riverfront sites, FMR partners with community organizations, local residents and River Guardians to ensure that the essential values of public access, scenic views, historic preservation and environmental quality are respected.
Note: We're working to update this with more details and information on each site. As soon as it's done, we'll be sure to announce it in our e-newsletter, Mississippi Messages. All River Guardians are automatically subscribed.
Please contact FMR River Guardians Program Coordinator Sophie Downey at firstname.lastname@example.org or 651.222.2193 x27.