Hayride + Buckthorn Blast [FULL!]
This event has reached capacity and registrations are no longer being taken. Please consider:
• Signing up for another FMR event.
• Signing up for the South Washington County Stewards email list with FMR Outreach & Volunteer Coordinator sue rich, email@example.com. We send about four Washington County Stewards emails a year.
• Signing up for Mississippi Messages to receive a full calendar of all upcoming FMR events twice a month.
Thanks to the support of local volunteers and a long-term partnership with 3M, FMR has had the privilege of helping to preserve and restore a rare prairie and oak woodlands at 3M's Cottage Grove facility near the Mississippi River. Former invasive species thickets are now home to wildflowers and wildlife, helping to connect adjacent natural areas and form part of a green corridor in southern Washington County.
Join us Saturday, October 17 to help celebrate our success and continue this important restoration project!
• 8:30-10:30 a.m. We'll kick this special event off with a light breakfast followed by a prairie nature walk with FMR Lead Ecologist Karen Schik plus a hayride!
• 10:30 a.m.-1 p.m. Volunteers are needed to work with FMR Ecologist Alex Roth and River Stewardship Coordinator Adam Flett to help restore the oak woodlands by hauling pre-cut brush, primarily buckthorn, before enjoying by a catered lunch.
Sign up for the early morning hike and hayride (8:30-10:30 a.m.), the late-morning buckthorn blast (10:30-12:30, followed by lunch until 1 p.m.), or both! No experience is required and all supplies plus plenty of gratitude will be provided.
Ready to register?
Great! To sign up and receive details and directions to the exact meeting spot, contact FMR Event Registrar Amy Kilgore, firstname.lastname@example.org, 651-222-2193 x31. Please let Amy know if you'd like to sign up for the early morning hike and hayride (8:30-10:30 a.m.), the late-morning buckthorn blast (10:30-12:30, followed by lunch until 1 p.m.), or both! And include a full name, address and email address for yourself and each individual in your party. (Note: Small groups are most welcome to volunteer together for the buckthorn blast! However, we can only reserve spaces for individuals and families for the nature walk and hayride as capacity is extremely limited.) You should receive a confirmation email with directions and other essentials from Amy within two business days. If you don't, please check your SPAM folder.