Sign up now to speak up for the river during the 2018 legislative session
Speak up for the river this spring! Join the FMR River Guardians to be emailed when your action and voice are needed.
In 2018, FMR will rely on you — our River Guardians — more than ever to make sure the river is protected, restored and enhanced.
Your voice is needed to create a growing body of Minnesotans who tell their legislators to improve our water quality, work with planning commissioners to enhance riverfront plans, ask city councilmembers save our parks... and more! And we work hard to make sure that it's easy to do so.
If you've never taken action with FMR, here are a few things you should know:
- Sign up to be a River Guardian and we'll email you when a river-related issue arises in your city or when a state-wide policy will impact you. The email will include instructions on how to best make your voice heard.
- We will invite you to happy hours throughout the year where you'll be able to meet others working to better the river, hear updates about important advocacy issue and enjoy some tasty treats (on us, of course).
- We'll also let you know when we have river-related issue trainings in your area so you can maximize your impact.
- FMR Advocacy Principles:
- Protect scenic views and historic resources
- Increase public access to the Mississippi River
- Improve water quality and habitat
Get in touch
Interested in adding your voice to protect, restore and enhance the Mighty Mississippi? Great! Sign up to be a River Guardian or contact FMR Policy Advocate Alicia Uzarek, email@example.com or 651.222.2193 x29. We'll add you to the River Guardians email list so you receive targeted action alerts as well as two emails a month, "Mississippi Messages" with an FMR event calendar, important river news, resources and updates.
We look forward to working with you!