St. Paul storm drain stenciling outing kits available
Want to plan your own, independent storm drain stenciling outing in St. Paul? FMR has kits to check out with everything you need to get started.
With FMR’s kits, groups and individuals can stencil storm drains with the message "Keep em' clean, Drains to River" and distribute educational flyers to local homes to help spread the word and keep runoff pollutants out of our river.
FMR can help you plan your independent outing from mid-April through mid-October. (If you have a larger group, or would like to learn more about our stenciling program in general, see our main stenciling overview.)
Check out your kit and get stenciling
Step 2: FMR's education team will contact you within a week to confirm and coordinate.
Step 3: Pick up your stenciling kit on the agreed-upon date at FMR's downtown St. Paul office.
Step 4: Follow the directions and maps in the bin. Groups can stencil any area within the City of St. Paul. We can usually find a convenient location for most stencilers.
Step 5: Return the kit and data to our office by our agreed-upon deadline.
A small-group storm drain stenciling service outing:
- Lasts as long as you would like it to. Kits can be checked out for up to one week.
- Can typically accommodate anywhere from one to 20 people. Let us know if you would like a kit for a larger-sized group.
- Is free with all supplies provided.
- Must take place within St. Paul city limits. Volunteers who live or work in St. Paul can usually mark drains near their homes, schools or offices.
- Can typically be coordinated within two weeks. However, kits are limited, so we sometimes need to wait a bit longer for another group to return their kit.