COVID-19 safety guidelines for FMR events
Our highest priority is protecting the safety of volunteers and staff. We are following the recommendations of Governor Walz and the Minnesota Department of Health and will be updating our events and procedures as circumstances change.
While we understand that outdoor settings lower the risk of COVID-19 transmission, all staff and attendees will be expected to take the following precautions to minimize the risk to all participants and their families. We are updating our guidelines monthly based on recommendation changes.
Please follow these guidelines if you plan to attend an FMR volunteer event.
Precautions FMR is taking
- FMR staff will not attend events if they have a fever or other symptoms or have been in close contact with someone with a known case of COVID-19 in the past 14 days
- All FMR event staff are fully vaccinated
What we ask from volunteers
Do not attend an event if:
• You have a fever or any of these symptoms
• You have been in close contact with someone with a known case of COVID-19 in the past 14 days
Please bring your own:
• Mask or face covering (if you are unvaccinated, if you are fully vaccinated, you are free to go without a mask)
• Gardening or work gloves (if you have them; if not, we'll provide them)
• Necessary tools (We'll let you know which tools in our reminder email, and will provide clean tools for those without them.)
• Water bottle and drinking water
At the event:
• We recommend that volunteers stay masked if they are not fully vaccinated. As a courtesy to FMR staff and your fellow volunteers, please plan on staying masked while we circle up at the beginning of the event and as we walk to the worksite. You may remove your mask once we are able to spread out and distance.