Action Alert: Tell legislators to support FMR's priorities for the river
We've reached a crossroads in the 2023 legislative session, one that will determine whether FMR's priorities ultimately get across the finish line. For that to happen, we need help from our River Guardians.
This Legislative session is unique – with a unified government and significant budget surplus, there are ample opportunities to ensure funding for projects that would protect our communities, the environment and the Mississippi River for decades to come.
Timing is crucial
We don’t know the next time we’ll have a chance like this to get these projects through. We need decision-makers to act now by supporting:
- Clean-water crops from Forever Green, which can build soil health, protect the river and provide economic development opportunities in rural Minnesota
- An inventory and replacement of lead service lines in order to ensure access to safe drinking water for all
- Funding for an invasive carp deterrent at Lock and Dam 5 to protect the upstream Mississippi River and other treasured waterways
- A ballot question that would let Minnesota voters renew lottery dedication to the Environment and Natural Resources Trust Fund
- A study to shed light on the integrity of the St. Anthony Falls cutoff wall
- The creation of a work group to help move Minnesota closer to a Clean Transportation Standard
Join us! Using the form below, urge your legislators to support these six proposals before the session ends — helping to protect the Mississippi River and our communities for years to come.